Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Post-Skype talk

Kia ora koutou!

Well, I have now had two skype interviews with one family. The skype interviews were fantastic, it was just like talking to them in person. I wasn't nervous or anything, I felt really good and comfortable, I had prepared a little list of questions prior to talking to them, but over the course of the conversation I just added and subtracted questions as necessary.

It is so good to actually think about going over there and working as a part of a family! I was also able to email the family's last au pair and ask her some questions, which I found so helpful, it gave me a different perspective to what the family gave me - and was more relevant to the nitty gritty information that I was looking for.

I also found a very useful website:
http://www.bestaupairguide.com/

This article on that same site was very interesting too...
http://www.bestaupairguide.com/2011/01/questions-to-ask-your-host-family-before-starting-your-au-pair-job/

We will just see what happens, and I will keep you all posted. :)

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment