Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Have Discovery Pass, Will Travel

The other week, while my car was at the mechanic (boo hoo hoo) I went for a walk and went to the Subaru car dealership nearby. They had a special deal going where you could take a car for a test drive and they would give you a free discovery pass. A discovery pass allows you free entry into every single state park in Washington State, and there are hundreds of them! Normally it costs $30 for the pass, but with this special deal I could get it for free! So I took a beautiful 2012 Subaru Outback for a test drive, a $30,000 car, which was a lot of fun to drive and cool to try, and got my free discovery pass!! I was so happy.

It was in good timing as well, since I have just looked over my 'list' of places I wanted to visit in Seattle and Washington and found I have seen all of them, well, all but a few. Now with my discovery pass I have a new goal - see as many state parks as possible! The parks are beautiful, all natural beauty and beaches, forests, waterfalls etc.

In my excitement at the freedom my new pass gives me, I visited 4 state parks in one day. And boy how beautiful they were! I'm beginning my list and will update it as I visit more parks.

1. Lake Wenatchee



2. Mt St Helens

3. Mt Rainier


4. Fort Casey



5. Fort Townsend


6. Scenic Beach


7. Kopachuck



Where will I end up next? Watch and see! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment