Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Fairs and Concerts!!

The other month for our Au pair cluster meeting we trucked down to Puyallup for the famous Puyallup Fair.
You might remember that I went there once before, I took my host boys and we had a grand time - going on rides, eating fair food, going to the car demolition derby "smashfest" and seeing cars being set on fire.

I was a little unsure about going for a second time, since I felt like I had done everything with the boys, but I knew it would be different because it would be hanging out with the girlies, which is always fun!

We got to the fair and as we walked in the gate, we were each handed a coupon for 2-for-1 tickets to see Enrique Iglesias who happened to be performing at the fair that very night! I was very excited because with the coupon the tickets would be only $25 each, which is such a good deal. I have not been to concerts since arriving in the States because I am either working the night they are on, or else too poor (or stingy) to afford tickets. I can't say that I am the greatest Enrique Iglesias fan, but I remember his songs from the late 90's when he was a huge pop star, and I was so keen to take advantage of the opportunity.

I discussed it with the other girls and gave them a chance to think it over. In the meantime, we split off into groups of 3 or 4 and went around the fair, going on rides, taking in everything, seeing the different displays. Our group went off and explored pretty much the whole fairground, although we ran out of time to do any rides. We all met back up again after an hour or so and we had famous fair scones, served with jam and milk. It was so delicious!







My friend Emi was also keen to go to the concert, although none of the other girls were. Since Emi and I were carpooling with 3 other girls, we had to drive the other girls all the way back to Seattle and then drive all the way back to the fair in order to get to the concert. It was so worth it in the end, we got there in perfect time and had an incredible night. The atmosphere was vibrant and happy, Enrique himself was so nice and he even let people up on stage and let them speak about their lives. It was just a great concert! I was so glad that I was able to go!


The face of concerts today: a sea of digital cameras and phones trying to get a picture


No comments:

Post a Comment