Friday, January 11, 2013

Day Trips: Shelton and Hood Canal

A few weeks ago now after church it was an unusually sunny day - it was just beautiful weather, I turned to my friend with a twinkle in my eye and said "let's go on an adventure somewhere!" And me being the traveler that I am, I already had a billion ideas on where we could go. We took off south, to head to Shelton, a small little timber town. On the way we stopped in to Stadium High School in Tacoma, which was the setting of the 90's movie '10 Things I Hate About You' - a classic for my generation! 




Such an impressive campus!

After the high school, we drove on to Shelton. We got there in the late afternoon, when the whole town was drenched in warm rich sunshine.

At the center of the town was a beautiful old steam train. My first instinct was to climb all over it. I did. It was great fun!



After spending a little bit of time in the town we continued on up the Hood River Canal, passing through the town of Union on the way. It was a beautiful area, spectacular views, and the perfect weather meant for some breathtaking moments.






My stallion was enjoying all of it. 

We headed home via Bainbridge island and took the ferry back to Seattle. I loved this trip because it was so spontaneous, so unexpected, and the weather was so spectacular it was very special. This is what I love!!

No comments:

Post a Comment