Thursday, January 24, 2013

One Year Anniversary!

The 9th of January marked my 1 year anniversary of arriving into the States!!! As most of you know, I have chosen to extend my program for an extra 6 months so I'm actually going home now in August. Still, to hit the one year mark was very special indeed! I reflected over my year and I see so much change in me. I am so much more open now, so much more loving and gentle and patient. I am stronger too, in different ways. I am much more organised and now I am a clean freak!!! haha there are also so many foods that I never ate before that now I looove (like sandwiches, peanut butter, tuna, feta cheese, artichokes - the list goes on!). 

The kids are looking so much bigger!

Then in the afternoon my host family surprised me with a lovely afternoon tea complete with celebration cake and blueberries, and a present and card!



I love my family!!!!

It was such a special day for me! It felt like my birthday! haha.

1 comment:

  1. January 24, 2013

    Hello:

    Greetings!

    We are two researchers (Yea-Wen Chen and Elizabeth Dickinson) seeking international au pairs and host family members to interview about their experience with culture and communication as au pairs and hosts. We came across your amazing blog when we were conducting our preliminary searches.

    We would like to extend an invitation to you since you have a wealth of experiences to share. The interview can be by phone or face to face (if you are in the Chapel Hill, NC or the Athens, OH areas). We'll schedule an hour of time, but we can do more or less, depending on how much you feel comfortable sharing. We'd ask you to sign a consent form, and the interview would be audio taped with your consent. If you'd like to participate in this study, please contact us at: Yea-Wen Chen: Yea-Wen.Chen.1@ohio.edu ; Elizabeth Dickinson: eadickins@gmail.com. Thank you so much for considering!

    We look forward to hearing from you!

    Best,
    Yea-Wen

    ReplyDelete