Monday, January 23, 2012

Getting Things Done

This is my second week of being with the family, and now that the snow has cleared I am able to go out and explore! I went and sat my theory driver's licence the other day, I was very lucky, the road rules are similar to New Zealand and I passed on my first attempt. Now I need to schedule an appointment for the practical test, then I will be all licenced and rearing to go! I also need to hand in my Social Security form, I will do that in the next couple of days.

My social life has been expanding too, I have contacted a few locals through the Couchsurfing community (www.couchsurfing.org) and met up with a girl for coffee - a fellow teacher, and Seattle local. We had a great time and she was able to give me some good ideas of places to visit.

I have also been visiting different churches, and exploring different voluntary organisations to see where I can take part. It is exciting and I am really looking forward to finding out what I can get involved in.

My life is full and busy! I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment