Monday, February 20, 2012

Family Vacation

This week, because it is President's day and mid term break, the children are off on vacation. Tomorrow we will leave to go to Plain, Washington - a small ski town a few hours east of Seattle. Close to Plain is a replica Bavarian village called Leavenworth (http://www.leavenworth.org/), it looks soooo quaint and cute! I hope I will be able to go there - it will depend on the amount of snow on the roads.

While we are away, my host family parents will go skiing with the older children and I will look after the younger ones. The family will be skiing at Steven's Pass, which was on the news today as 3 experienced skiers were killed in an avalanche there! It was a little shocking considering we are going there tomorrow! I think the news has shaken the two boys a little bit.

Here is a link to the news article http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57381225/washington-avalanche-kills-3-veteran-skiers/ . I am still excited about going on a roadtrip and seeing this winter wonderland, but I do really pray that the family remains safe!

2 comments:

  1. Really enjoying your blog Gina. I'm from New Zealand also and I'm heading to Connecticut in May through Au Pair Link.
    Reading your updates is helping me feel a little more prepared haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there! Thanks so much for your encouraging comment! I hope that you have an absolute blast when you get over here! I am so glad that this humble little blog is helping your prep! :):) Keep in touch when you arrive! :)

      Delete