Thursday, November 15, 2012

Around Seattle: Pacific Science Center and Experience Music Project

I had a coupon for half price entry to the Pacific Science Center and the Experience Music Project, so of course I just had to go! haha. I took an au pair friend of mine, Patrycja and we had a great day looking around both museums, then, we had dinner at a very popular Vietnamese restaurant and then went to a theatre production called "The Pullman Porter Blues".

The Pacific Science Centre is mainly for the kids, lots of hands on stuff, dinosaurs, bugs, sea creatures and interactive things. After I went with my au pair friend, I returned a few days later with my twins and we had a blast doing all the kiddy things!

The mechanical movements of the dinosaurs were hilarious!

globetrotter

World's largest electric guitar

Giant acoustic guitar

I am just little!

Finished the puzzle!

Fun with water

Workin' 9 to 5

The Experience Music Project is on the same site as the Pacific Science Centre - just around the Space Needle. I had been wanting to go here for a long time, it is a music museum with lots of memorabilia and information, as well as lots of hands on music making opportunities!


guitar art! and believe it or not, these guitars have been programmed to play themselves!




Another fun thing at the EMP was to make a music video! You could choose a band name and pick a song from a list and then go into a room set up like a stage, with lots of instruments and lights and a camera pointing at you! We made a 'band' with some other people at the museum and rocked out on 'stage' to the classic song I Love Rock and Roll! Our band name was "Wild Jam", we are destined for stardom I am sure!



The EMP was so inspiring, it really was. It was so fun and I felt so free being surrounded in music. It reignited a love of music in me and made me feel so excited, it was like honey to the soul.

1 comment:

  1. January 23, 2013

    Hello Gina, Kiwi Au Pair:

    I hope it is okay to post this message here. I came across your blog because of my current research with a colleague on relationships between au pairs and their hosts in the United States. I do apologize for contacting you on the blue like this.

    We are two researchers (Yea-Wen Chen, Ohio University and Elizabeth Dickinson, UNC - Chapel Hill) who seek international au pairs who are in the U.S. through the State Department Au Pair program. We'd like to interview you about your experiences with culture and communication as au pairs. We are studying the experiences au pairs have before, during, and after their stay in the U.S.

    The interview can be by phone or face to face (if you are in the Chapel Hill, NC or the Athens, OH areas). We'll schedule an hour of time, but we can do more or less, depending on how much you feel comfortable sharing. We'd ask you to sign a consent form, and the interview would be audio taped with your consent. We will keep your identity confidential.

    If you'd like to participate in this study or if you have any questions, please contact us at: Yea-Wen Chen: cheny3@ohio.edu; Elizabeth Dickinson: eadickins@gmail.com.

    Thank you so much for for your consideration, and we hope to hear from you!

    Best Regards,
    Yea-Wen Chen
    Email: Yea-Wen.Chen.1@ohio.edu
    Webpage: http://www.coms.ohiou.edu/yea-wen-chen

    ReplyDelete