Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Around Seattle: Space Needle $1 Day!

I have always wanted to go up the Space Needle - the famous silhouette on Seattle's skyline, but it was always going to be too expensive for me, so I relegated it to the back of my mind. Then, I found out online that there was going to be a special day to celebrate 50 years since the World Fair was held in Seattle, and since the Space Needle was built for the World Fair, they were going to roll back the price to the original entry price back in 1962, which was $1!!!!! So, all day one Sunday it was only $1 to go up the Space Needle! 

I was determined to go, although I figured that the crowds would be huge! We rounded up a group of people from church who wanted to go and we all set off to get our $1 tickets. When we got there I was shocked because the line was actually very short and reasonable! I could not believe it!! I thought every man and his dog would be lined up, but it seemed that people just did not know about it! (Mind you, I had only found out about it because I am a super sleuth bargain hunter searching the web haha). So, I got my ticket, and believe it or not, the weather was beautiful and sunny and we were able to see for miles!

$1!!!!!!! Yes Please!


Sunny day in Seattle! 

Church friends


with the gals 

When we came down the clouds began rolling in and the weather changed, we were so lucky to get there when we had!

Later, I went downtown to the waterfront to run and errand. The sea and the sky were looking amazing!

Stormy dramatic clouds!

beautiful interesting skies

No comments:

Post a Comment