Friday, November 30, 2012

Black Friday USA

Black Friday is the notorious bargain shopping day in the US, right after Thanksgiving, people line up at midnight and camp out all night to be the first through the doors when they open at 5am. The discounts are somewhat impressive, but the extreme behaviour of the shoppers is what makes this famous.

I debated on whether I should go just to experience the craziness of it, although I had nothing in mind that I really wanted to buy, and I didn't have any money to spend anyway. At the last minute, I decided to enjoy my lovely warm snuggly bed and sleep instead of waiting outside in the cold and rain for hours on end, waiting for a store to open. Of course, for 1 second I lamented my decision, having missed out on a cultural experience, however, when I saw this video later on, I knew I had made the right decision - watch and see why!


No comments:

Post a Comment