Thursday, March 22, 2012

Around Seattle: Alki Beach

I have to say, this has been one of my favourite places to visit so far! It was such a super place! Along the way to the beach you see some of the best views of the Seattle city skyline, and all sorts of curiosities like a house covered in pebbles, cute little taverns, and all sorts of other things. I was lucky enough to see a group of geese crossing the road - at the pedestrian crossing!

The beach itself is very nice, its sandy and has large pieces of driftwood all over it, large enough to be great benches to sit on! There are signs around saying that baby seals like to rest on this beach so I look forward to the season when they will be here! From the beach I saw lots of boats passing through the Puget sound, and it made me think about my cruise!

The day I came to the beach it was freezing cold, windy and partially sunny. Despite the cold I couldn't keep the smile off my face, it was just so great to be out at the beach and walking around, smelling the salt and enjoying the sounds of the seagulls and ravens. As only seems fit I got some fish and chips and sat and ate them next to the beach, and I wandered around the little coastal shops and the seaside until my hands were so cold that I couldn't move my fingers!

Crossing at the pedestrian crossing! What a sight!



Apparently the fish and chip shop I went to was the oldest fast food place in Seattle!

Perfect!


Pebble house!

Killer views of the Seattle skyline!

No comments:

Post a Comment