Friday, March 16, 2012

Spring!

I love Springtime, it is my favourite season. In New Zealand I always love going and seeing all the little lambs prancing around. Here in the States I am pretty far away from prancing lambs but I can enjoy the sunshine and the daffodils and the cherry blossoms! Today I went to Fremont to experience Seattle's best sandwich at Paseo Caribbean Restaurant (although its not really a restaurant, more of a takeaway bar). I had first heard of this place in a documentary I watched about America's best sandwich, they rated Paseo as number 2 in the country, so I thought it was only right that I check it out! By noon they have long lines out the door, so I got in early at 11.30 and didn't have to wait!

I had their classic and most popular sandwich, the Cuban pork roast. It was amazing and on the most delicious crusty roll. The only downside was that I forgot to ask them to remove the jalapenos and boy did they give my mouth a wake up call! haha! But it really was very good and I will definitely be back. It is set in this cute little shack-like building, very inconspicuous and there aren't even any signs outside! Down the street I was able to see the aforementioned daffodils and cherry blossoms, what a treat!







No comments:

Post a Comment