Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Mt Rainier Roadtrip!

On Saturday I went on a solo road trip to Mt Rainier! It is very closeby to Seattle and I thought I would make the most of any time I have to see these things! I left at 7.30 in the morning and drove the 2 1/2 - 3 hours to the town of Ashford where the Mt Rainier National Park begins, I went on a cloudy day and unfortunately I could not see the mountain AT ALL, however I had a fabulous time checking out the small towns and points of interest along the way!

This is the route I travelled

Mount Rainier is a pretty famous mountain, it is bigger than K2, and is the biggest mountain in the 48 States. Apparently it is also one of the most dangerous volcanoes in the world! 
This is what Mt Rainier looks like on a good day...

This is the Mt Rainier that I saw. Do you see it? Neither do I! haha 






Having the local speciality for breakfast: Copper Toppers at the Copper Creek Cafe!

Cute little shopfronts!

Nice views of a nearby lake



No comments:

Post a Comment