Sunday, April 8, 2012

Easter in The United States

This weekend was Easter and I thought I would share with you what Easter 'looks like' here in the States!
Easter dominates a few aisles of the supermarket, it is mostly sold as a spring holiday rather than a religious one 

These are meant to be very famous over here, I never tried them, they looked too artificial to be called food!
The strangest Easter chocolate item I saw
On Easter Sunday I joined my host family for a very special Easter breakfast. The table was laid out beautifully and we prayed and ate fresh breads and cinnamon rolls and spoke of our best moments from the past year. All the kids had special plates with little eggs and chocolates and other candies. Vanessa, my host mother, surprised me by giving me a special plate too with little chocolates! It was so thoughtful and looked so nice!





My special plate!
After the special Easter breakfast I headed to church and had a great time there celebrating the resurrection of our Lord, Jesus Christ.

 The angel said to the women, “Do not be afraid, for I know that you are looking for Jesus, who was crucified. He is not here; he has risen, just as he said. Come and see the place where he lay. Then go quickly and tell his disciples: ‘He has risen from the dead and is going ahead of you into Galilee. There you will see him.’ Now I have told you.” Matt 28:5-7

 "He was handed over to die because of our sins, and he was raised to life to make us right with God. Therefore, since we have been made right in God’s sight by faith, we have peace with God because of what Jesus Christ our Lord has done for us." Romans 4:25-5:1
My church!

No comments:

Post a Comment