Sunday, April 29, 2012

Spring Break Week - Leavenworth, Plain, Lake Wenatchee

Last week was Spring Break week so the kids were all off school. We went to the cabin in Plain, WA. It was the same one we stayed at in the winter time, personally I think it is much nicer in the spring, but I am not really a snow person! At the cabin there were some adult and kid sized dirt bikes for us to ride! The boys were straight on the kid sized bike and once they had mastered the basics they were off for the rest of the night just racing round and round the fields on the bike!  I was able to learn how to ride too! It was fantastic, racing over the fields, chasing the boys, feeling the rush of the wind and the dirt flying up behind my wheels! Fantastic! I might be hooked!

Plain


 Look at me, I'm a biker chick!

The boys loved riding this dirt bike! they didn't even mind sharing!


And he's off!

Zooooom!

Leavenworth

During the day the older boys and my host parents went off skiing and I had the three little ones. On Friday I took them to Leavenworth to play on the big playground and have a picnic lunch down by the river
Kianna with a Leavenworth local in a German outfit!

Leavenworth in all its Bavarian splendour

Running to have our lunch!

Absolute bliss! What a vista!

Lunch on a log in the sun, so perfect!

Lake Wenatchee

On Saturday I took the three little ones to Lake Wenatchee, it was a beautiful sunny day and even though it was a bit windy we had an amazing time throwing rocks into the lake and building sand castles, playing at the playground and enjoying the surroundings! We practically had the entire lake to ourselves, it was just like a postcard!



"Look at the mountains!"





Back at the cabin, the little ones had a battery powered fire truck to drive around in!

On Saturday afternoon my host family were skiing when Troy, the host dad hit some sticky snow and broke his ankle! He came home in a cast and may have to have surgery. It was a bit of a surprise for all of us and such a shame for Troy, but he is ok. It was still a wonderful spring break!

No comments:

Post a Comment