Sunday, April 8, 2012

Why I Love My Job

I was at the park with the three younger kids the other day and as I sat there in the sunshine, being delivered countless servings of imaginary pizza, cakes, chicken, rice, milkshakes and juice by 6 eager little hands, I couldn't help but realise just how lucky I am, and just how special it is to have this time with these precious little ones.

I watched in peaceful enjoyment as they interacted with each other with their growing vocabularies and growing proficiency to string sentences together. I smiled as I heard them repeating phrases that I use. I inwardly giggled as they trotted back and forth bringing the 'food' from the 'kitchen'; dutifully informed each other that the food was hot and that they should blow on it; carefully used their manners with each other; and told each other (and me) off for not doing things the 'right' way (who knew you weren't allowed to order toast for breakfast!).

And I just smiled and thanked God that I have this opportunity to witness these moments and watch these little lives grow and develop. I do have days where the kids are cranky and nothing seems to happen easily, but it's the moments like these that remind me just how much I love my job :)

Putting the cake in the oven
Kianna placing her order
Delivering another helping of pizza!





No comments:

Post a Comment